1) Flour : 1 1/2 cup
2) Granulated sugar: 1 cup (depending on the sweetness you want)
3) Margarine (you can use butter instead) : 3 tablespoons
4) Eggs: 2
5) Milk: 1/2 cup
6) Vanilla essence: 6-7 drops
7) Baking powder: 1/2 teaspoon
8) Malibu Rum : a few teaspoons (this one is my personal favourite, you can skip)
9) Sweetened Cocoa powder: 1-2 tablespoons for dusting
Remember this cake is going to be slightly moist !
1) Blend margarine and sugar in a bowl. Add in eggs and blend again.
2) Sieve in flour and baking powder into the above mixture and gradually fold.
3) Add milk and mix well followed by vanilla essence.
4) Mix well to get a mixture of a consistency close to that for sponge cake.
5) Divide equally into different bowls depending upon the number of colours you want. I used 4 colours. Add a few drops of food colour into each bowl depending upon the colour strength you want and mix well.
6) Dust a cake tin (6 inch diameter) with flour or grease it generously.
7) Pour each of the coloured cake mixtures one at a time into the cake tin.
8) Preheat the oven to 160 deg C and bake for about 30-35mins at the same temperature. Insert a toothpick to see that it comes out clean. The cake is ready.
9) Remove from oven. Transfer onto the wire mesh and allow it to cool.
10) Dust some cocoa powder on the top and slice into pieces.
11) Ready to serve.