1) Maida or all-purpose flour: 1 cup
2) Grated coconut: 1/2 cup
3) Sugar : 1& 1/2 cup
4) Oil for frying
5) Kaju-kismis: 1 tbspn
6) Labongo/ Cloves to seal
7) Milk: 1/4 cup
Method of Preparation
1) Add the grated coconut to a warm pan. Roast it slightly till aromatic.
2) Add sugar, kaju-kismis and milk to it. Cook it till the mixture thickens into a dough for filling.
3) Take the all-purpose flour. Add 1 tbspn oil and knead it with warm water to prepare a tough dough.
4) Roll out thin rotis 4-5 inch in diameter out of it.
5) Take each roti, place a heaped spoonful of the coconut filling at the centre and fold from all 4 sides and seal it with a clove (as seen in picture above).
6) Warm oil in a deep fry pan. To it add the prepared labongo latikas and fry on low heat till a golden brown colour. Remove from oil onto a kitchen towel.
7) Prepare sugar syrup of 1 thread thick consistency. Dip the labongo lakitas for a while and remove onto a plate. Put them in the fridge to cool.
Serve chilled....Enjoy !!!