Pav Bhaji : An aesthetically pleasing Indian street food !
1) Cauliflower, cut into florets: about 1 cup
2) 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
3) 2 tbsp. oil
4) 1 green bell pepper, minced
5) 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
6) 1/2 tsp chili powder
7) 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
8) salt to taste
9) 1 cup tomato puree (freshly prepared preferred)
10) 1/4 cup peas
11) 1 tbsp Everest pav bhaji masala
12) 2-3 tbsp butter
- Boil the cauliflower and potatoes till tender and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and saute the pepper. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute again till nice aroma.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder to taste and salt to taste. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add tomato puree, peas, boiled potatoes and cauliflower, pav bhaji masala and butter.
- Mash it together till it is a smooth mixture. Add water to get the desired consistency. Simmer for 30 minutes to blend the flavors well.