For the Samosa ( for 4 samosas)
1) All purpose flour : 1 cup
2) Sooji/semolina : 1tbspn
3) Salt to taste
4) Oil: 1 1/2 tbspn
For the filling
1) Boiled and coarsely mashed potatoes : 1 large
2) Green peas : 3 tbspn
3) Cumin seeds: 1 tspn
4) Cumin powder: 2 tspn
5) Red chilly powder: 1 tspn
6) Green chillies: 2 finely chopped
7) Garam masala powder: 1 tspn
8) Raisins and peanuts
9) Aamchur powder (optional)
10) Salt to taste
11) Oil for deep frying
Method of Preparation
1) Mix all the ingredients for the samosa cover and knead well. Let it rest for half an hour.
2) For the filling, heat 2 tbspn oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
3) To it add the green peas and saute for 2-3 mins. Then add the mashed potatoes and the rest of the ingredients mentioned above and mix well. Remove the pan from fire and let the mixture cool completely.
4) Now make a small ball of the dough (smaller than pin pong size) and roll it thin to about 6 inches in diameter. Cut into with a knife into 2 semicircles.
5) Now take each semicircle at a time, add a little water to the edges and fold it in the form of a cone.
6) Fill the mixture into the cone tightly and seal the edges well ( see picture below)
7) Leave it for 5mins before frying.
8) Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the samosas till light golden brown. Transfer onto a kitchen towel.
Serve hot with ketchup. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea !!!!!